I picked the last of the peaches today as the birds have been having a peach feast! This is the biggest peach harvest we have ever had.
The next question was, what do I do with so many peaches?
Here’s how to do this:
- Oven on to 220°C
- Line an oven dish with sweet, short crust pastry.
- 1/2 fill the dish with chopped fruit (I know, I had too many peaches in the dish….)
- Beat together 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit
- Put in the hot oven for 15 minutes (until browned on top)
- Turn the oven down to 180°C and continue to bake until the egg mixture has set
- Serve with ice cream